CollabWORK Privacy Notice
Last updated: February 23, 2023
CollabWORK Inc. (“we,” “our,” or “us”) values the privacy of individuals who use the CollabWORK websites located at https://www.collabwork.com/ and https://www.opentalentcollective.com/, and related services (collectively, the “Service”). This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes the information that we gather from visitors, users, and others who access or use the Service (“users” or “you”), how we use and disclose such information, and the steps we take to protect such information. By using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Notice.
1. Information We Collect
Depending on how you use the Service , we may ask you to provide us with certain information related to you. This may include information that can be used to identify you, such as your name or contact information (collectively “Personal Information”). The Personal Information we obtain generally consists of (a) information you provide to us about yourself, (b) information we receive from other sources, and (c) automatically-collected information.
A) Information You Provide to Us
You may provide certain Personal Information to us when you use the Service. For example, you may provide us with your email address when you register for an account with us.
The Personal Information you provide to us may include, but is not limited to:
· Contact information (.e.g., name, email, city and state)
· Your Photo
· Employment information (e.g., work history, professional qualifications, educational background,
· Biographical information,
· Skills and interests,
· Payment information.
B) Information We Receive from Others
If you connect to the Service from third party sites, we may receive Personal Information about you from such third parties and combine it with Personal Information we collect through the Service.
For example, we may obtain Personal Information (a) when you sign up or log in through a third-party social network site (such as LinkedIn) or authentication service (such as Google), and (b) from publicly or commercially available sources, which we may combine with other information we have about you.
C) Information Automatically Collected
2. How We Use Your Information
Provide, Maintain, and Improve the Service
We may use your Personal Information to provide, maintain, and improve the Service. In particular, we may use your Personal Information to:
· Provide you with the requested services
· Provide you with customer service or technical support
· Send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
· Communicate with you about marketing or new features of the Service, including offers and promotions
· Operate, protect, and optimize the Service and your experience, such as by performing analytics
· Troubleshoot and protect against errors
· Complete billing functions
· Personalize and improve the Service
· Monitor and analyze usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Service
· Develop new features
· Maintain business records and comply with our legal and contractual obligations
Sharing Your Information
We may share the Personal Information we obtain:
· With others, including other users of the Service (i.e. recruiters and employers) as you allow or direct us to
· With our business partners, vendors, and consultants who perform services on our behalf or who help us provide the Service, such as accounting, managerial, technical, marketing, or analytic services
· To other parties as necessary or appropriate to comply with local, state, or federal laws, or to respond to a court order, judicial or other governmental subpoena or warrant, or in the event of bankruptcy proceedings
· To other parties as necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties, or the public, including without limitation to protect us or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of the Service
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets
Nothing herein restricts the using and sharing of de-identified, aggregated, or anonymized information, which may be used or shared with third parties without your consent.
3. How We Protect Your Information
We take measures designed to protect your Personal Information including to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of information maintained in your account, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Service by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
4. How We Retain Your Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary or appropriate to provide the Service as you request and to fulfill legal compliance purposes and essential business purposes. The retention period for your Personal Information may vary depending on your use of the Service, our legal obligations, or other circumstances.
5. Non-U.S. Visitors and Users
If you choose to use the Service from the European Economic Area , the U.K., Switzerland, or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing. We may store data as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill our business purposes and in accordance with this Notice. As described in this Notice, we may share Personal Information with third parties and may be required to disclose information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
The legal grounds for our processing your Personal Information for the purposes in this Notice are as follows:
· you provided your consent by agreeing to this Notice, which you may withdraw at any time by emailing us at the email address below
· it is necessary for our contractual relationship
· the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations
· the processing is in our legitimate interest as a provider of the Service (for example, to protect the security and integrity of our systems and to provide you with customer service and the core functionality of the Service)
In certain circumstances, you have certain legal rights with respect to your Personal Information. You may ask us to rectify, update, erase, restrict, or share your information with another company in a usable format. You may also request to access your Personal Information or object to our processing of your Personal Information.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to fulfill your request.
6. Age Restrictions
We do not knowingly collect, solicit, or maintain Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to use or register for the Service. If you are under 18, please do not send any Personal Information about yourself to us.
7. Your Choices and Opting Out
You may request deletion of your account and your data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon such request we may retain certain information in our backup systems for a limited period of time, or as required by law, prior to deleting it.
Additionally, you may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
8. Do Not Track
We do not currently take steps to respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals because no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed.
9. Third-Party Websites, Apps, or Other Services
The Services may be made available to you through third-party platforms or services, or may contain links to websites, apps, or services not operated by us. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of platforms or services not affiliated with us. We encourage you to read and familiarize yourself with the privacy policies and practices published by those third parties.
10. Changes and Updates to the Notice
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Notice at any time. Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes. If we modify this Notice, we will make it available through the Service and indicate the date of the latest revision. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Notice has become effective indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to the current version of this Notice.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this Notice at email@example.com.